GDPR Ready Solutions
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is designed to protect consumers and give them more control over what information companies store about them. Due to the the new rules companies need to change how they communicate with current and future customers.
Geopify can help
The new data rules are here, and here to stay, and will have a profound impact on businesses moving forwards.
Since May 25th 2018 companies that collect data about European Union (EU) citizens need to comply with strict rules around protecting customer data. This is expected to be the case in the UK, even after Brexit. Therefore UK business need to take it seriously.
The new regulations require businesses to protect the personal data and privacy of EU citizens and seek regular opt-ins and marketing permissions – with potentially heavy fines as a result of non-compliance.
Personal data can includes any information that can be used to identify a person. This includes web data (including IP address and location), health, racial or ethnic origin, genetic and biometric data and much more.
However, there are circumstances where data can be collected and processed without consent. This includes “legitimate interest”, and superseding contractual or legal reasons. While these other methods may seem like a good approach you’ll need to seek advice. This is because you will need a compelling reason to use them.
To find out more about what the new regulations mean for your business we recommend that you check out the ICO guidelines. We have also written an explanation of some of the key words you might come across.
What it means for companies:
- Marketing databases have shrunk and therefore marketing becomes more challenging.
- Attracting new customer sign-ups will be harder because companies are required to offer an “opt-in” rather than an “opt-out”.
- Retaining customer databases is also harder due to the opt-in requirement. Consequently messages need to be relevant to avoid unsubscribes.
- Compliance is critical because penalties can be severe. There is also a significant risk to reputation for non-compliance.
- In short GDPR means that marketing just got a lot harder. Therefore taking action is vital.
Geopify’s support for businesses:
- Highly targeted, relevant and timely data. Helping to keep messages relevant to the audience.
- Intelligent marketing opportunities. By identifying new sales opportunities.
- Proven ways to convert new business.
- Smarter ways to retain clients by highlighting client retention risks
- Compliant products and services. Geopify respects and protects it’s data and complying with the new rules.
- Decades of data and marketing experience.
By targeting customers in the right way at the right time with the right message, Geopify can help you attract and retain customers, keep clients happy and grow your business in a GDPR world.
Your move… Get Your Free Data Review Today…
Recent GDPR Blog Posts
Read our blog posts to get more resources about GDPR.