Purpose of data processing
Geopify is a media agency specialising in the careful management and centralisation of home mover data in order to support efficient planning and fulfilment of one to one offline and online marketing campaigns. Geopify works with a number of partners who themselves collect the data we hold.
Geopify neither buys data from these partners nor re-sells it. All data is owned by the contributing source partner through which the data was originally collected and any partner can choose to withdraw access to it at any time. Marketing agencies and advertisers use us when they wish to rent data on defined and controlled usage terms for specific campaigns without having to go to multiple different sources. All partners are declared to advertising partners to enable source audit.
The core areas we support are:
- The sending of relevant marketing communications
- Verification and enhancement of customer and marketing databases
- Enhance targeting relevance through market research, analysis, segmentation and profiling
- Identity verification, credit and risk management, revenue collection, database tracing activities
We ensure the following:
- Data is processed fairly and lawfully
- Data is processing is compatible with the purpose it was collected for
- Data is accurate, relevant and up to date.
- Data is held only as long as is necessary
- Data is kept securely
Marketing service providers
Under strict licence terms, we may share partner data on behalf of our data partners with the Marketing Service Providers listed below. They may use it in the following ways:
- To create targeted advertising products and services
- To help prevent fraud
- To help organisations better understand the likely characteristics of their customers
- To communicate with customers more effectively
- To find customers like them across a range of marketing channels.
- To ensure secure data storage and campaign transmission
- To ensure data accuracy and viability
This may mean that you receive advertising from some of the organisations listed below that is more relevant to you via direct mail or when you visit a website, mobile app or watch TV. The Marketing Services Providers will not, however, advertise their own products or services to you
The Marketing Services Providers we work with are limited to only those organisations who we have completed checks on and who will process personal data in compliance with all laws, regulations and guidance with regard to data protection.
Geopify does not process any of the following data:
- Financial data
- Credit scores
- Health information
- Political preferences
- Religious preferences
- Sexual preferences
- Data relating to children
Geopify will hold all data until such a point as media partners wish to withdraw their data from the service environment provided. This may result as a consequence of any data processing agreement expiring, management contract was not being renewed or conditions mandated by our retention policy taking effect. At such a time an appropriate data destruction certificate is issued confirming the deletion of all previously held data from Geopify systems.